Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the creators and players in the world of Elaria!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)

Go down 
+3
The Old Man
Dahkore
Arius
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Sigil 'Liar' SizzleSpike

Sigil 'Liar' SizzleSpike

Character sheet
Level: 2
XP to Next Level:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1900/225001. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1900/2250)
Hit Points:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue32/3201. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)

01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:58 pm

Once the gryphon landed, Liar could tell that some sort of understanding had come between Dahkore and the beast. Judging by the emanations from the minotaur it was definitely a trained swordmage, elven style. That made him a curiosity, and dangerous. Despite the calm demeanor of the paladin, Liar decided to help even the playing field just in case the creature became violent. He focused his feelings into a sense of calm and serenity and guided them toward the beast. He smiled as he did so, in part because the calming effect influenced him, but also because this particular talent had saved his life a few times before.

---

Empathy to make the minotaur calm

Gift +8
Back to top Go down
The Old Man
He Who Wanders
The Old Man

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:58 pm

The member 'Sigil 'Liar' SizzleSpike' has done the following action : Rolls

'd20' :
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Pict0395
Back to top Go down
Arius
Dungeon Master
Arius

Character sheet
Level: 30
XP to Next Level:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0/001. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Hit Points:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue189/18901. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (189/189)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:00 pm

DM:

Note: I forgot to mention it earlier, but when you send a PM to someone who has successfully "thought-sensed" you, please send the PM to me also.

Dahkore, your check exceeded the Easy DC, but only by 1. So, Ololamin, your reaction is really up to you, BUT Dahkore was very polite and diplomatic, and that should be taken into consideration. Keep in mind that every character reacts differently to intimidation or diplomacy!

Sigil, your Empathy check pierced through Ololamin's SHLD, so Ololamin, you are beginning to feel relaxed and at ease.

AMdG
Back to top Go down
https://elaria.forumotion.com
Kai

Kai

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue2200/225001. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (2200/2250)
Hit Points:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue38/3801. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (38/38)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:19 pm

Private Check: +9
Back to top Go down
The Old Man
He Who Wanders
The Old Man

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:19 pm

The member 'Kai' has done the following action : Rolls

'd20' :
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Pict0415q
Back to top Go down
Arius
Dungeon Master
Arius

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0/001. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Hit Points:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue189/18901. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (189/189)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:31 pm

DM:

Kai, the results of your check are being dealt with, please watch your PMs for further information.

AMdG
Back to top Go down
Sigil 'Liar' SizzleSpike

Sigil 'Liar' SizzleSpike

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1900/225001. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1900/2250)
Hit Points:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue32/3201. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:19 pm

"Right. Since ye seem to be able to talk to 'im, maybe ye can translate fer me." Liar nodded at the paladin and looked over at the white minotaur. "I know yer a swordmage. I can sense ye was trained by the elven folk. That says somethin' about ye but I don't know what, yet." He puts down his crossbow. "Now if'n yer willin' to talk. We are as well. Ye can start by tellin' us who ye are, where yer from, and why yer runnin' like all blazes down the side of a mountain with spears in yer back. Tell us that and we'll see if we can help ye." Liar sits down in the wet grass, the storm not seeming to bother him.

---

OOC: I know that Dahkore doesn't really need to translate so if Ololamin wants to reply directly that's just fine with me.

Also Shawna is threatening to be mean and I don't want to give her the chance. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ololamin Gellantara

Ololamin Gellantara

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1700/225001. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1700/2250)
Hit Points:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue37/3701. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (37/37)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:52 pm

The minotaur slowly pulls out his Broadsword from his sling on his back, and holds it in both hands. It is pointing directly up, with the width part of the blade facing him and away. The sword has etched elven script with in it glowing blue. The Script read, Sword of Journey. He then pointed the sword up toward the mountain with the sword held in one hand, and the other over his chest, presumably where his heart is. Then pointed to his head.

Elven-
I know nothing of any of your kind. I know only of the Elves whom have taught me. They have know of our kind, and rarely speak of it. Why, You would have to ask them, they kept mum. I beg of you please, I must proceed with my journey. My mind is foggy, and I don't remember much of where i'm from, the elves just told me i'm from lands much further to the west, and that I would find some answers where ever my calling guided me. I was in a battle with some goblins upon that mountain, I tried to sneak around them, but they were very unwilling to let me pass. I'm just glad I had not awoken any monsters that might be in them hills, I had heard one of them grumble within their slumber. If you go with me. Be warned. The Terrain is worse than the goblin's spears. for the Icy terrain has killed more goblins, than I have within the stone walls they made their home. Chances are I know them hills better than any of you could, please follow me if you wish to come along.
Back to top Go down
Dahkore

Dahkore

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue2100/225001. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (2100/2250)
Hit Points:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue33/3301. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (33/33)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:19 pm

Dahkore looks at the faces of those around him, clearly not understanding what is going on. He turns back to the beast.

Elven: "Many of my friends are elves too. Going into a battle with a foggy mind though will not clear it. If you are a true warrior, then you will wait a minute, let us gather ourselves for a fight, and then continue. You won't live long if you do not sit for a moment."

The gryphon translates roughly what the creature has said to him.

He motions to Sigil. Elven: "This is Sigil. He senses that you are a swordmage, and also mentioned that you were taught by elves. He wants to know your name. What are you called by? If we could get some information about you and your intentions, I know that many of us would feel better about helping you. As it is, you've got an entire village in fright, and I'm afraid my letting you live has turned them against me. Help us understand so that I can send my Fledglings back to the town and reassure them that you mean no harm. Are you able to understand the words of my comrades, so that I can stop translating both of our words?"
Back to top Go down
Ololamin Gellantara

Ololamin Gellantara

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1700/225001. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1700/2250)
Hit Points:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue37/3701. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (37/37)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:34 pm

Elven-
My intentions have nothing to do with any of you, or your homes. A Raised blade or talon toward me could be the last thing you ever do, harming others without a reason seems to be against your nature Dahkore, I thank thee. Prepare yourselves. I shall wait right here for your return. I shall Approach no further inland. A foggy mind hasn't made me any less of a warrior. I Shall gain my memory in due time. Steel your swords and your minds, for you don't want those Mountains to be your grave. Bring Rope.

He motions them to head back toward the village, he sits on the ground, with himself knelt with his blade held across both of his hands, as though he's preparing for battle, for his back is now turned to you all, and he's staring down the mountain.
Back to top Go down
Dahkore

Dahkore

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue2100/225001. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (2100/2250)
Hit Points:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue33/3301. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (33/33)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:40 pm

<translate; out of character response>

<insert="Elven">

<output="Common">

</translate>
Back to top Go down
Sigil 'Liar' SizzleSpike

Sigil 'Liar' SizzleSpike

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:49 pm

"Right. Well I'll stay behind to look over mister nameless cow here. Care to join me, Ruby? Wouldn't mind a chat with ye anyway."
Back to top Go down
Kai

Kai

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue2200/225001. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (2200/2250)
Hit Points:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue38/3801. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (38/38)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 2:34 am

OOC: Are we still right outside the inn? Kai was still leaning against the door frame when she attacked, I thought.

Kai remains silent throughout most of the exchange, her attention focused intently on the minotaur. After several moments, her eyes flicker briefly to Dahkore, then to Sigil as he speaks. Finally, she pushes the hood of her cloak back and unfastens the clasp, packing the thick material into her travel bag with a fluid efficiency. She wears nothing but thin cloth underneath, sparsely reinforced with leather, but a massive falchion rests easily across her back, and a well-used crossbow hangs from her hip. Her pale skin nearly glows in the darkness, lending her an ethereal, wraith-like quality. Piercing green eyes, as clear and deep as cut peridot, alight once more on the holy defender.

"I require no other preparation, so I will remain here until you return."

With that, the mysterious woman slides gracefully into a crouch, resting on the balls of her feet with her back against the door frame and her crossbow resting easily across her lap. Despite her seemingly relaxed pose, however, a seasoned professional could see that her eyes still flit restlessly about, alert to any impending threat, and that controlled tension sings through her muscles, ready to launch her into action, should the need arise.

Back to top Go down
Dahkore

Dahkore

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:41 am

OOC: I believe we are prob about 30 feet from the door of the inn, rough estimate, as we felled him pretty quick when he took off

Sorry, right before work, don't have time for a proper post at this very instant Smile
Back to top Go down
Sigil 'Liar' SizzleSpike

Sigil 'Liar' SizzleSpike

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:59 am

As Kai disrobes, Liar glances over and begins to blush. "Err... lass? Tween the rain and the fact that yer wearin' gauze... ye ain't leavin' much to me imagination." He smiles broadly. "Don't worry, though. I'll try me damndest to imagine anyway!"
Back to top Go down
Kai

Kai

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:36 am

OOC: Okay, 30 feet is still well within range of that attack, and she's been keeping her distance from the minotaur, lest he be unfriendly, so I'll keep my post the way it is. Thanks, Shawna. Oh, and just to clarify, since Josh *obviously* has his mind in the gutter, all the important parts are either thicker, reinforced, or she's wearing a slip or a shift under them, lol.
Back to top Go down
Dahkore

Dahkore

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:59 am

"Well, at least we have him settled, then." Dahkore looks back at the small village, and the garrison that he could just make out between lightning strikes.

"Paladins, attention! Please report to your posts at the garrison that we were instructed to attend. I do not want a report coming back to the Aerie that you abandoned your orders. Please inform the Captain what has transpired here, with my intent to take responsibility if this creature has deceived us and is not as good natured as I believe him to be, and let him know that it has vacated the village. Also, send word to the Aerie that I have gone ahead to investigate the disturbances first hand. The Battlemaster will want to know."

He watches the paladins head towards their duties, and again faces the grouping. "I should have reported their myself; though you all seem relatively capable of keeping the situation under control, and the beast seems to have relented to at least sit a moment, I do not want to risk a sudden change of heart. Shall we be off? Does anyone have the rope that this fellow requested we bring?"
Back to top Go down
Sigil 'Liar' SizzleSpike

Sigil 'Liar' SizzleSpike

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 12:07 pm

"Aye. I've got a good length of it. Maybe fifty feet or so." He pats his pack. "I'm eager to be off as well. Need somewhere nice 'n dry where we can stop for a bit to do a ritual. Was gonna take care o' it in me room but that ain't gonna happen now." He stands up and slings the bag onto his pack. "Rune, I don't want ye gettin' lost. Back ye go." The dragonfly alights on Liars shoulder and sinks into his skin with a flare of light. "Looks like we'll have to hold off on that conversation, Ruby."
Back to top Go down
Arius
Dungeon Master
Arius

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:34 pm

DM:

Okay, everything seems to be going well so far, but I do feel the need to stress on certain fact: If a race is NOT mentioned here, then it technically does not exist on Elaria, or if it does exist it does so in myth and legend only.

Anyway...

The path out of the village is cut through a cleft in the mountains, with a trail leading steeply upward into the foothills of the Cadal Mountains. The path itself is fairly well maintained for the first couple of miles, for the garrison in Dyna does send a regular patrol up into the hills, but after that it grows much more difficult, and what the path is like closer to the old fort is unknown, as no one has traveled up that far in ages.

If the group is certain that it is going up into the foothills, let me know and we will move on to a Skill Challenge. If you aren't ready to go yet, continue with this RP thread, and when everyone's ready just post that you're finished with this thread.

AMdG
Back to top Go down
Sigil 'Liar' SizzleSpike

Sigil 'Liar' SizzleSpike

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:42 pm

OOC: I'm ready to go as long as everyone else is.

By the way... You are REALLY looking forward to making everyone (except me) regret their racial choice, aren't you? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arius
Dungeon Master
Arius

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:48 pm

OOC: Well, there are common, uncommon, rare, and apparently "legendary" races for a reason. Life shall not be easy for them, that's for sure.

AMdG
Back to top Go down
Rubicon

Rubicon

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1800/225001. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1800/2250)
Hit Points:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue30/3001. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:18 pm

OOC: Oi, lemme see if I can squeeze something into here after getting caught up...

Rubicon had waited with Liar, looking forward to a chat with the shorter man, but was dissapointed when he said it would have to wait. He patiently waited outside by the minotaur, deciding to keep a fellow rare creature company. He didn't have much preparation left on his part, having all he felt he needed with him. "Hmmmm... you know Cubert, judging by how our short friend turned a shade of red... I recall fleshy creatures did that when embarrased at times... or a show of wanting to..." Cubert interrupts with a bubbling noise. "Oh, heavens NO! I would hope he wouldn't want to do THAT."
Back to top Go down
Sigil 'Liar' SizzleSpike

Sigil 'Liar' SizzleSpike

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:21 pm

OOC: Just for the record. I AM a human. And I am 6 feet tall. Which is exactly as tall as Rubicon.
Back to top Go down
Rubicon

Rubicon

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1800/225001. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1800/2250)
Hit Points:
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue30/3001. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:36 pm

OOC:Oh, sorry, for some reason I thought you were something shorter.
Back to top Go down
Kai

Kai

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:12 pm

OOC: It's because he's a human that calls himself a dwarf, so you expect him to be short. I'm finished with RP, unless someone requests my input directly. Bring on the skill challenge!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next