Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the creators and players in the world of Elaria!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Rebirth, Parts 1 and 2" (Dragonar)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dragonar

Dragonar

Character sheet
Level: 12
XP to Next Level:
"Rebirth, Parts 1 and 2" (Dragonar) Left_bar_bleue17670/20"Rebirth, Parts 1 and 2" (Dragonar) Empty_bar_bleue  (17670/20)
Hit Points:
"Rebirth, Parts 1 and 2" (Dragonar) Left_bar_bleue102/102"Rebirth, Parts 1 and 2" (Dragonar) Empty_bar_bleue  (102/102)

"Rebirth, Parts 1 and 2" (Dragonar) Empty
PostSubject: "Rebirth, Parts 1 and 2" (Dragonar)   "Rebirth, Parts 1 and 2" (Dragonar) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 8:52 pm

"Rebirth, Part 1- Awakening"

Where am I? Who am I? Those were the very first thoughts that sprang to my mind as I awoke. A dim light shined above me, and standing before me was a man. "Ah, good. You're awake. Welcome to the world of the living, Number 1." Number 1?, I asked myself. Did he mean me? He wore a purple robe, a teal stripe running down the middle. It was very gaudy, and I wasn't sure how any sane person would be caught dead in something like that. At least, that's what I think now. Back then, I was much more concerned with my surroundings and my predicament. "Do you feel alright? Can you walk?" It was a simple question, one I answered by merely beginning to move about the lab. As I took a stroll around the table I was just lying on, I glanced around. The room I was in was obviously an alchemy lab of some sorts. My eyes moved to look down at myself. I was clad in armor... in one way or another. My fingers flexed, all six of them. "Ah, it's like watching an infant explore the world." I looked up as the man spoke. He seemed very old, most of his hair was missing. And what a nasty scar across his face! Wonder how he got it... well, actually, I honestly didn't care much about it. I was more curious as to who, or what I was for that matter. I decided to attempt speech. "Who...are you?" "Ah, good! Your vocal device works at least. Now I wonder if you can fight better than you can speak. As to who I am, I am Rakon. And you, my armored friend, are known as Dragonar." Dragonar? Such an odd name..., I thought to myself. I gathered further conversation would help me learn more. "Where... am I? Why am I here?" "Oh, those are very simple questions.", Rakon said, walking around me. "You are in the lair of The Order of the Dragon. And why are you here? Well... you were created here, to serve us." "Serve?", I queried. "What is serve? Why do I 'serve' you?" He laughed slightly. "Well, I am your master. You serve me, as well as the rest of the order, merely because that is what you were made to do." "Made? I was made? What am I?" The old man grinned. "Why, you are one of a million. A new generation of construct thought to be lost to mankind forever. You... are a warforged."

I soon learned that a warforged is a living construct, one made not from flesh and bone, but from gears and metal. Along with the history of my race, I was also taught many things of the world. But that was all throughout my stay at the order. I'm jumping too far ahead... After learning of what I was, I was introduced to my 'brothers', as Rakon put it. There were four other warforged just like me, having been created around the time I was. The largest one was a hulking brute by the name of Crusher. His armor was almost a rust color, and he sported a very large war hammer. I always thought he was an ugly one... then there was Dagger, a warforged covered in black cloth, most of his metallic features obstructed. The third one, sporting blue armor and resting his hands on the hilt of a great sword, was referred to as Palron. And finally, a fifth one, wearing purple robes similar to the order's, sat int he corner, looking down at the ground. Rakon hadn't even acknowledged him, mentioning that one was practically brain dead, stating his mind was blank, unaware of his surroundings. Rakon, myself, and the other three warforged were lead down a hall away from the room they were occupying before. I'm not sure of Rakon noticed, but as I looked back towards our lone brother, I noticed he was staring at me. Perhaps there was more to him than we all thought...

Each of us was paired with a teacher, someone to aid us should we need it, or to teach us about this world we inhabited. I was soon paired up with a kind woman, who looked to be in her forties. Her hair was a light blonde and was tied behind her head. Her face had a few wrinkles, but in her age, I had to admit for a human, she looked stupendous. And though we had met for the first time, it seemed as if we've known each other forever... "Hello? Are you listening?" I snapped out of my daydream, looking down at her. She had a smile on her features, her arms crossed over her chest. "Ah... excuse me, everything is still rather new to me, miss." She chuckled lightly, waving her hand. "No need for excuses. It's understandable. I'm Elra." She put her hand out to me. I looked at it, as if someone had shown me an abstract piece of art. She sighed. "I'm guessing you don't know what a handshake is, do you?" I shook my head, wondering if I had offended her. She laughed again. What a strange noise this laughter was to me at the time. She showed me what this 'handshake' was, and it felt... comfortable. Her hands felt soft, and warm. It was an odd sensation. Odd... but welcome all at once. Again, familiar.

Some time had passed. Our teachers training us for battle, telling us we supposedly had some latent abilities unique to each of us, as well as each of us having the power to shift parts of our bodies to change into a beast of some sort, which we learned was because we were fused with druid magic. Crusher, obviously, was very powerful, but was capable of calling upon primal forces. I believe he was referred to as a 'barbarian' He could shift his shape into that of a mighty bear.. Dagger was an assassin, trained in the stealth arts of assassination. He specialized in using... well, daggers. Huh. So that's how he got his name. Also rather appropriate, he could change into a spider, his long, skinny limbs taking the form of the spider's legs. I found it rather creepy he still kept his face in this form. Palron was gifted with divine powers, revealing himself to be a paladin, as well as having the power to transform into a mighty, noble white lion. As for myself, I discovered my abilities and attacks derived from a fighting style thought to be long extinct: that of the powerful dragoon. I had no idea what that meant, but many of the order's members were astounded, and only the strongest of men could master such techniques. In addition, I could assume the form of a metallic wolf. Hm, I assumed I would recieve that of a dragon, since it would fit a dragoon the most, I thought to myself. Perhaps a wyvern? I had thought to ask Master Rakon about that.

As I spent more time with Elra, we grew closer, becoming close friends. While most of the order's members looked down on me simply because of what I was, and since I didn't speak to my brothers very much, I felt she was the only person I could honestly talked to. Whenever Master Rakon ever spoke to me, it was either to review my progress during my training... or for when the day finally came that we would be sent on our first mission.
Back to top Go down
Dragonar

Dragonar

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
"Rebirth, Parts 1 and 2" (Dragonar) Left_bar_bleue17670/20"Rebirth, Parts 1 and 2" (Dragonar) Empty_bar_bleue  (17670/20)
Hit Points:
"Rebirth, Parts 1 and 2" (Dragonar) Left_bar_bleue102/102"Rebirth, Parts 1 and 2" (Dragonar) Empty_bar_bleue  (102/102)

PostSubject: "Rebirth, Part 2" (Dragonar)   "Rebirth, Parts 1 and 2" (Dragonar) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 4:05 pm

Rebirth, Part 2- Revelation

Much time had passed since our training began. We honed our skills to prepare us for any situation. And finally, the fateful day came when we would be sent on our first mission. Palron was in charge of our crew, leading us to our destination, which seemed to be nothing more than a simple cottage out in the country side. Master Rakon had decided to accompany us. "My servants, your time has come to prove your worthiness. Do you see that cottage down there?" He motioned down towards it from the hill we stood upon. "In there is someone who threatens our way of life. Summon who opposes all that we stand for!" We looked on towards our target silently for a moment. It was Palron himself who broke the silence. "Master, what IS it we stand for?" Rakon gave us all a look, then he simply smiled. "Why, we stand to change the world! To bring a new order! To make things... better for everyone." "Does that include us too?", I asked him. He laughed softly in response. "Well, none of this is possible without the four of you." He would gently pat me on the shoulder. "Now... go. Dispose of everyone in there. But there is an older man... let him live until I give the order to slay him." We nodded, then began descending the hill towards the cottage.

Dagger motioned for us to stop as a large man stepped out, dressed in some form of leather armor. He gave us an inquisitive look before brandishing a long sword. "Seems whoever our target is hired some muscle...", Dagger contemplated out loud. Crusher stepped up, brandishing his war hammer. The mercenary rushed towards us as he let out a battle cry, bringing his blade down up on Crusher's shoulder. The sword snapped in two, causing Crusher to half before he splattered his brains along the grass beneath us. I looked on in shock as the human fell. "Crusher! Was that called for!?" "He attack me! Me have every right to fight back!", he boasted as he let out a hearty laugh. "But... but there was no need to kill him!" Dagger shoved past me. "What's done is done... give it a rest." I looked to Palron, hoping he would back me up, considering he was a paladin. "It... was part of Master Rakon's orders. I don't feel Crusher did anything wrong." I sighed as we moved on.

Palron kicked the door down, revealing an older man, who looked to be Master Rakon's age, along with a woman, and two adolescent children, one in her mid teens, the othe rmuch younger. Dagger quickly threw two daggers towards the man, pinning him to the wall by the sleeves of his shirt to prevent him from escaping. "You just sit tight old man. Master Rakon wants to have words with you." The man's eyes widened, then he narrowed his eyes. "What does HE want?" Dagger shrugged. "Beats me, but you're about to find out." Crusher and Palron seemed to be having some problems with the woman, who turned out to be a sorceror. Seems this man liked his women destructive. This left me with both the children. As I turned to them, the teenage girl held a pitchfork up towards me, the younger boy cowering behind her. I held my spear, looking down at the two of them. The girl's eyes were filled with fear, but I knew she was more concerned for the younger one. I lowered my head for a moment, then noticed a door in the rear. I lowered my spear, pointing towards the door. "Leave. Go far away." Both the children gave me a strange look. The boy then even managed to smile. The girl dropped the pitchfork, then hastily left the building with her brother in tow. Dagger had noticed them leaving and assumed they managed to evade me. He pulled another dagger, tossing it towards the children. As it flew towards the eldest child's throat, I reached out and caught it just before it struck her. "Dragonar, what are you doing!? They're escaping-" "I KNOW!", I yelled out. He staggered back as I yelled. "I... I see..." Dagger seemed to be deep in thought. We both turned our heads as a blood curdling scream was heard from the woman.

Crusher held the woman's lifeless body by the throat, glaring at me. "You let them go? Master Rakon said to kill everybody! That means EVERYBODY!!!" He dropped the woman, knocking Palron aside as he attempted to restrain him. I raised my spear in defense, knowing I would have to battle my brother. "Enough!" My brothers and I, as well as theman, all turned our heads towards the door as we heard the voice of our master. Rakon stepped in, walking past us towards the man on the wall, giving him a sinister smile. "Kiros." Kiros glared at Rakon. "Brother. So this is your idea of a friendly visit?" "Oh, I'm not here for a visit, Kiros. I'm here to show you that unlike you, I've moved up in the world!" Kiros looked on at the four warforged before him. "Yes, I can see that. I had thought this was a lost art." Rakon laughed as he turned his back to Kiros. "I've found an alternative method to make them. I'd say it gives them more personality." Kiros clenched his teeth. "All you've done is create monsters! It's amazing the one with a spear even has a conscience!" Rakon raised a brow, glancing at Dragonar, then turning to Kiros. "And what is that supposed to mean?" Crusher came lumbering up besides his master. I turned my head, as I knew what he would say. "He let the little flesh people go! He help them!"

Rakon clenched his fist as he slowly turned his head to glare at me. "Dragonar... is this true?" I hesitated, then nodded. "They were only children, sir. There was no need to harm them. And also, this man is your brother..." "You disobeyed my orders! I said to kill everyone! And regardless of this man being my brother, he must pay for his crimes against me!" "And... what has he done to you?" Kiros laughed behind us. "He's only mad because father liked me better... then again, he was a rotten child." "Silence!", Rakon shouted as he suddenly turned to Kiros and plunged a dagger he had concealed into his robes into his chest. Kiros coughed up some blood, glancing to his brother before falling limp. I looked on in horror, staggering back. Rakon then pointed towards me. "Crusher, seize him!" Crusher wrapped his powerful arms around me, preventing me from escaping. "Bring him back home... I'll deal with him then." Rakon glanced back towards me as we made our way home. "I hope eternal silence is something you've desired, you failure..."

To be continued...
Back to top Go down
Dragonar

Dragonar

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: "Rebirth, Parts 1 and 2" (Dragonar)   "Rebirth, Parts 1 and 2" (Dragonar) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:39 pm

Rebirth, Part 3- Rise of the Constructs

It has been exactly two weeks since our first mission. For the first week, Rakon commenced with my punishment. Firstly, so as to avoid having me mouth off to him or any other superior I had, my voice box was removed. It was a very painful process, as he didn't bother to power me down before doing so. I did all I could not to scream, but as I was about to give in, my voice was gone. I tried, and tried, and tried, but to no avail. I had quickly learned just how much one relied on their own voice, finding it hard to communicate. Rakon found this to be quite hilarious. As for the rest of my punishment, I was left in a cell for an entire week, without maintenance, light, or anyone to communicate with (not that having someone around to speak to would do me any good...). Once I was let out, I then spent the second week basically moping around, wallowing in self pity. Crusher would laugh at my misfortune, calling me a fool for disobeying the master. Was he right? I wasn't entirely sure, but for a moment, I started to agree with him.

It wasn't until I had a chance to speak with Elra that I learned perhaps I had done the right thing...

"I heard about what had happened.", she would say to me. She looked upset, and I began to wonder if I had done something wrong. Her hand soon reached up, gently touching my cheek. "Are you alright?", were the next words out of her mouth. I went to answer her, but was quickly reminded such a pleasure was no longer mine. I turned away, my optics quickly moving to the ground in shame. Elra would turn me back towards her, a gentle smile upon her features. "Dagger... I spoke to him earlier. He said you let two children go free. Is this true?" I looked to her long and hard, feeling as if I could tell her anything. I simply nodded. She smiled more, pulling me into a tight hug. "I'm proud of you... I'm proud of the fact that someone is capable of standing up to Rakon..." She then frowned, as if she just remembered something. "I just wish that...", she said to herself, then she stepped back, her warm smile returning. "It's nothing. I have other duties to attend to. Dragonar... try to stay out of trouble. And if you do get into trouble..." She smirked before finishing. "...don't get caught this time." She then began to walk away. Her words stirred something within me. Was Crusher right about me being a fool for disobeying? Or was Elra correct to assume what I had done was the best thing?

I eventually found myself in a small courtyard, the only place outside we could roam freely. This was because gigantic walls obstructed our path, preventing us from escaping, and in small towers above each wall was an archer, on guard should we attempt to escape. No one had attempted to, either because of fear, or because we actually enjoyed it here. I felt like a caged animal, stranded in a false habitat. I stood beneath a tree, looking up at one of the branches. A pair of birds were perched, chirping to one another without a care in the world. I barely noticed someone coming up behind me, prompting me to turn around. Standing before me was my fellow warforged, Dagger. "We need to talk.", was all he said before he began to walk away. I watched him until he stopped, turning around and looking towards me, obviously expecting me to follow. I turned back to the birds, who proceeded to fly off into the sky. I wish I were a bird..., I thought to myself before turning to follow Dagger.

"I've been doing some poking around lately...", he says. Funny, he's always poking around where he shouldn't. Yet he never gets caught. Hmmm. "You're the only other person here who doesn't get on my nerves, so I thought if I should show anyone... anyway, take a look at this." We were in a room now... Rakon's quarters to be exact! Why were we here? I turned to look towards Dagger as he moved to a bookshelf, grabbing a book from the bottom shelf. Upon having done so, the bookshelf would soon turn, exposing a secret tunnel. I looked on in awe, until Dagger spoke up again. "You think this is strange, wait until you see what's below." He lead me down the passage, grabbing a nearby torch. Upon reaching the bottom, we found ourselves standing on a platform. As Dagger shined the light over the edge, what lied below was revealed to me: hundreds, upon thousands of similar looking constructs stood in perfect lines, as if ready to march off at a moment's notice. "Looks like Rakon's been busy.", Dagger stated. Rakon knows nothing of this., a terror-inducing voice spoke into our minds.

The two of us both turned back, only to find... a warforged. But not just any warforged, one that was assumed offline, the very one that I thought I had seen watching me when I first came to. His body appeared to be hunched over, the warforged clad in a metallic, purple-tinged cloak. Surprised? It's amazing what one can accomplish when everyone assumes you are nothing more than a pile of scrap., he says as he takes a step forward. Dagger shifted slightly, glaring towards the construct before us. "Who the hell are you? And how is it you're still alive? And how are you speaking into our minds like that?" The warforged before us let out a soft chuckle. I am Atos. How am I still alive? Simple. I was never dead. As for how I am speaking... He simply gestured to the circlet around his head. A device I invented with my brilliant mind. With it, not only am I able to communicate with others telepathically, but it can shield my thoughts from others. And as an added bonus... Atos waved his hand towards the army of warforged before us. I can control all of these with just a single thought. But how did he build all of these in such a short amount of time?, I thought to myself. Quite simple!, he said, reminding me he can read my thoughts. Unlike us, these are merely mindless shells, with no free will of their own. Basically I cut out what I felt was... unneccesary. As Atos finished his thought, Palron, the warforged paladin, slowly stepped up beside him. "Palron? What are you doing here?", Dagger asked. Again, a simple question. He has agreed to aid me in my task. "What ta-" Why, the task to conquer this world, of course! Organic creatures such as humans and elves are a plague on this land. They have controlled both this world and our brethren long enough. I feel it is time to put an end to this. And Palron agrees... Dagger and I both turned towards Palron, who simply nodded. "It's true... I grow tired of the life of servitude. We are capable of free will, so why aren't we free of being slaves for the humans? A contradiction, if you ask me." Dagger and I looked towards one another, then turned back to Palron and Atos. "And what of Crusher?", he asked. Crusher knows nothing, for he is merely a fly on the ass of Rakon., Atos spoke bluntly. To be fair though, I feel I should extend the same offer to you. You both seem capable of grasping my ideals... what do you say? I looked towards the army standing below us, motionless. I too tired of a life of servitude. Having spent my entire life in this hell hole, I began to loathe humans all together. Gradually, my hatred grew and grew as I thought back to all the petty orders they gave me, the punishment Rakon had given me, the pain I had endured at his hands... and then my thoughts turned to Elra. I recalled how we talked together, laughed with one another, how she comforted me after my punishment had ended. I then began to realize, not all humans were as awful as Rakon. I believed that there are other people out there like Elra...

I turned back towards Dagger as he spoke up. "Forget it. I have no interest in being one of your lap dogs." Atos lowered his head as he spoke again into our minds. Oh... that's a shame you say that. ...Dipose of him. And with that single command, Palron rushed towards Dagger, his shield raised as he plowed into him, knocking him into another room. All that was left on the platform was myself, and Atos. I'll ask you a second time, Dragonar... will you join me? And remember, I can read your mind, so anything you wish to say will be heard. I looked up at him, my fists beginning to clench. You want my answer?, I asked him. Then here... forget it. I have no interest in joining someone such as yourself. You talk like this will make the world a better place, but it won't. I know for a fact not all humans are as rotten as the ones we served under. And I know that... that there IS a possibility we can all co-exist peacefully. So I apologize, but I must refuse your offer. Good day...And with that, I turned around to leave. Atos spoke into my mind once more, this time with more anger in his tone. You... refuse me? You believe organics and constructs and exist in the same world? You are blind, I tell you! BLIND! Damn your impudence, Dragonar! DAMN! At that point, I heard the familiar sound of metal shifting. IT! I slowly began to turn around, hearing the floor beneath us begin to creak in the sudden shift of weight. TO! And upon my optics falling upon him again, I learned three things: 1. Atos is a warlock. 2. I know what happened to that dragon form I wanted so badly. And 3... HEEEELLLLL!!! I quickly learned how big an eldritch blast could get while being formed inside the mouth of a large, metal dragon. Atos fired the blast towards me, and I was blinded by a flash of light...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Rebirth, Parts 1 and 2" (Dragonar)   "Rebirth, Parts 1 and 2" (Dragonar) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Rebirth, Parts 1 and 2" (Dragonar)
Page 1 of 1