Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the creators and players in the world of Elaria!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An Open Challenge

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bastien

Bastien

Character sheet
Level: 13
XP to Next Level:
An Open Challenge Left_bar_bleue42625/47000An Open Challenge Empty_bar_bleue  (42625/47000)
Hit Points:
An Open Challenge Left_bar_bleue79/79An Open Challenge Empty_bar_bleue  (79/79)

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:12 pm

My name is Bastien St. Claire. Perhaps you've heard of me? I'm a world-renowned duelist from Frontia, currently serving as the Ambassador to Westenra in this time of darkness.

Anyway... I'm itching for a fight. Why? Because its what I do, what I'm good at, and what I've trained my entire life to be good at.

I propose a duel: A contest to two points, a point being gained by scoring a hit against your opponent. No items, no "Gifts," only those powers and techniques with a blade that you've learned throughout your life. And you only gain a point through a legitimate hit, not through abilities or attacks that inflict damage just for damage's sake.

I'm ready when you are.

(OOC: Please make sure that your character is of an equal or nearly equal level!)
Back to top Go down
Azerin Phaedora

Character sheet
Level: 30
XP to Next Level:
An Open Challenge Left_bar_bleue1000000/1000000An Open Challenge Empty_bar_bleue  (1000000/1000000)
Hit Points:
An Open Challenge Left_bar_bleue191/191An Open Challenge Empty_bar_bleue  (191/191)

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:10 am

Azerin steps up, brandishing his sword, Redemption. "If it's a fight you're itching for, lad, then I'll-" stops mid sentence, reading the part of the message specifically stating a character of equal or nearly equal level.

"... well, guess I'm way out of your league,kid.", he says with a shrug and a smile, promptly turning around and leaving.
Back to top Go down
Bastien

Bastien

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
An Open Challenge Left_bar_bleue42625/47000An Open Challenge Empty_bar_bleue  (42625/47000)
Hit Points:

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:03 pm

Yeah, so... This is my scared face.

AMdG
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
DM (Sollette)
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Level: 12
XP to Next Level:
An Open Challenge Left_bar_bleue0/0An Open Challenge Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Hit Points:
An Open Challenge Left_bar_bleue99/99An Open Challenge Empty_bar_bleue  (99/99)

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 1:17 am

Suddenly a large shadow blots out the sun. From the sky descends a magnificent airship. Red scales gleam across the hull and gold accents glimmer in the light. A man climbs over the railing and spreads a pair of draconic wings. He flies down to the ground, toward Bastien.

"Greetings, old boy!" He shouts during his descent. "I've heard some rumours of a duel! Thought I'd try my hand at it! What do you say?" He lands lightly on the ground and approaches Bastien, folding his wings as the airship ascends out of sight. Two horns sweep back from his forehead and his eyes gleam red. His skin is faintly scaled and has a crimson hue. His ears come to a point and he wears well tailored leather armor stylized with scales and flames. Golden bracers cover his wrists and red leather boots adorn his feet. A large serrated sword is strapped to his back. "My name is Ryll Kandurr, Captain of the Red Dragon's Hoard! Pleasure to make your acquaintance!" His accent is strange, unusual for anywhere in Elaria.

"Well? What say you, Bastien? Shall we duel?" He grins and unstraps the blade from his back. "I believe me and Deekin here will give you a run for your money!"

---

OOC: Just wondering about the items clause you have. Does that mean no item powers or are we also not using properties? I'm fine with either way. Smile

Last edited by Captain Ryll Kandurr on Mon May 17, 2010 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bastien

Bastien

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 11:25 am

No item powers either, only powers from your class and race.

I'll get the battle map ready today, and then we'll begin our duel!
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
DM (Sollette)
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 11:32 am

"Terms accepted! I did choose the items I have specifically for this duel, but no matter. This shall be fun! A visceral experience shared between two masters of their craft! Good show, old chap!"
Back to top Go down
Bastien

Bastien

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:59 pm

Okay, I gained some levels during yesterday's session, and got some more magic items, so level up to 12 and pick out two magic items: 1 Lvl 12 (or lower) and 1 Lvl 14 (or lower).
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
DM (Sollette)
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:41 pm

I just upgraded my sword and armor instead of choosing new items. Just waiting for a reply to my PM before I choose my paragon path. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
DM (Sollette)
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 9:23 pm

Ready whenever you are.

(I'm gonna edit my introductory post to suit his new look. Razz)
Back to top Go down
Bastien

Bastien

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:11 pm

(OOC: I'm actually not going to bother making up a map for this duel. It will be fought in a 10x10 square, A-J, 1-10.)

Bastien smiles and extends his hand to the newcomer.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Captian Ryll. I am Bastien St. Claire, Baron of the Court of Frontia, Ambassador to the Kingdom of Westenra. I would be honored to meet you in the dueling square."

Okay, let's begin.

Bastien begins in square F-8, his weapons drawn, ready for battle, a smile on his lips all the while.

Initiative +16
Back to top Go down
The Old Man
He Who Wanders
The Old Man

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:11 pm

The member 'Bastien' has done the following action : Rolls

'd20' :
An Open Challenge Pict0395
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
DM (Sollette)
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:52 pm

Using my utility power, Eldritch Speed. Gives +5 Initiative and an extra move action during first round of combat.

Starting in A-1

---

Initiative +21

I can roll twice and take either result because of the Danger Sense feat.

Last edited by Captain Ryll Kandurr on Mon May 17, 2010 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Old Man
He Who Wanders
The Old Man

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:52 pm

The member 'Captain Ryll Kandurr' has done the following action : Rolls

'd20' :
An Open Challenge Pict0407 An Open Challenge Pict0381w
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
DM (Sollette)
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

An Open Challenge Empty

I will, of course, take the 14. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
DM (Sollette)
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:33 am

Ryll walked over to the corner of the square and sheathed his sword. He leaned against the wall and waited for Bastien to be ready. It didn't take long and soon enough the bell rang for the duel to begin. The strange winged man winked at his opponent from across the ring and then was suddenly attacking from behind!

---

Move Action: Quickling Stride to G-9 (I can move 12 squares)
Drawing weapon as part of the same action to attack because of Quick Draw.
Standard Action: Glamor Blade, +20 vs AC and I can roll twice and take either result because of Lucky Start.

Last edited by Captain Ryll Kandurr on Tue May 18, 2010 10:38 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Old Man
He Who Wanders
The Old Man

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:33 am

The member 'Captain Ryll Kandurr' has done the following action : Rolls

'd20' :
An Open Challenge Pict0383s An Open Challenge Pict0406ts
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
DM (Sollette)
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:34 am

I will take the 13. The attack is 33 total.
Back to top Go down
Bastien

Bastien

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:39 pm

Hit.

Bastien is momentarily caught off guard by his opponent's seemingly magical advance. He turns and grins at Ryll, though, before making a move of his own.

Immediate Reaction: Yield Ground.

Personal, Trigger: an enemy damages you with a melee attack

Effect: I can shift 3 squares, and gain a +2 bonus to all defenses until the end of my next turn.

Also, I gain a +1 bonus to AC and Reflex whenever I shift (Davros Elden's Defensive step training).

So, my AC is now 33, Fort is 28, Ref is 32, Will is 25, and Shield is 28.

I shift to square H-7.

Continue.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
DM (Sollette)
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:12 pm

OOC: I'm not sure how to handle this next part, since you moved before the power was done, but I'll follow exactly how the power says.

---

As Bastien quickly backs away, grinning at Ryll, he's startled to hear his voice behind him. "Neat trick, old boy! Didn't realize you could move so fast. And put up quite a guard as well!"

"Yes, I am impressed." Rylls voice was in front once more but Bastien had not taken his eyes off of him. Indeed, there were now two Rylls! The one in front quickly steps up to his opponent and both of the winged men shift into a defensive stand. Their swords glow and small ethereal shields flare into light around them. Noticing the confusion on Bastiens face, Ryll grinned. "Cheer up, chap! I noticed you had two blades-"

"-and decided to even that number for myself!" The other finished.

---

OOC: Okaaay... there are two Rylls now. We'll call them Ryll (A) and Ryll (B). Ryll (B) appeared in I-6, adjacent to Bastien. Ryll (A) shifted to G-8 with the extra move action from Eldritch Speed, and is now flanking Bastien with... himself. As a result of the shift and the Boots of the Fencing Master, I gain a +1 bonus to AC and Reflex. This goes for BOTH Rylls. (Since we share all statistics.)

Minor Action: Host of Shields stance. I gain +2 AC and Reflex until the stance ends. Again, this goes for BOTH Rylls. (Again, share statistics. See above.)

My AC is now 37, Fort is 24, Relfex 29, Will 22 and Shield is 25.

Any questions? I realize that was a bit complicated. Razz

Either way, End of Turn.
Back to top Go down
Bastien

Bastien

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:22 pm

(OOC: lol, Dude, seriously? This was supposed to be a standard duel, no magic, etc.)

Move Action: Agile Approach

I can shift 3 squares, so long as I end adjacent to an enemy. I shift to F-9, behind Ryll A. This also gives me another +1 to my AC and Reflex, putting them at 34 and 33, respectively.

Minor Action: Offhand Strike

Attack: +20 vs. AC

Last edited by Bastien on Tue May 18, 2010 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Old Man
He Who Wanders
The Old Man

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:22 pm

'd20' :
An Open Challenge Pict0416n
Back to top Go down
Bastien

Bastien

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:27 pm

OOC: I edited my last post to figure in my bonus to defenses for shifting!
Back to top Go down
Sigil 'Liar' SizzleSpike

Sigil 'Liar' SizzleSpike

Character sheet
Level: 2
XP to Next Level:
An Open Challenge Left_bar_bleue1900/2250An Open Challenge Empty_bar_bleue  (1900/2250)
Hit Points:
An Open Challenge Left_bar_bleue32/32An Open Challenge Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:28 pm

(ALL OF MY ATTACKS ARE MAGIC. Not gonna limit myself just to give you a helping hand. Razz)

Hit.
Back to top Go down
Bastien

Bastien

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Hit Points:

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:32 pm

OOC: That's fine, lol, it's just not something one would find in a typical duel. Besides, there are always melee basics, lol. And... uh... You posted that as Sigil!

Okay.

So, that's one point each.

Seeing that his unexpected attack had had its desired effect, Bastien immediately followed it up with another attack, this one designed to exploit a weakness he had detected in Ryll's defense.

Standard Action:

Melee Basic Attack: +20 vs. Reflex (due to my Deft Blade feat, my basic attacks can target AC or Reflex).
Back to top Go down
The Old Man
He Who Wanders
The Old Man

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:32 pm

'd20' :
An Open Challenge Pict0391
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

An Open Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Challenge   An Open Challenge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Open Challenge
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Out of World :: The Coliseum-