A forum for the creators and players in the world of Elaria!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rubicon

avatar

Posts : 105
Join date : 2010-03-21

Character sheet
Level: 2
XP to Next Level:
1800/2250  (1800/2250)
Hit Points:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 8:21 pm

Rubicon ignored much of the conversation, kneeling beside the minotaur while looking over him, speaking out loud. "Hairy, large, obviously looks powerful... my, coming across a new creature is always so exciting, wouldn't you say, Cubert?" Cubert simply gurgled excitedly in response as Rubicon continued to look over the beast. Once the arguing had died down, Rubicon looked up towards the others. "What's going on?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigil 'Liar' SizzleSpike

avatar

Posts : 179
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 32
Location : Winona, MN

Character sheet
Level: 2
XP to Next Level:
1900/2250  (1900/2250)
Hit Points:
32/32  (32/32)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 8:27 pm

Liar watched the others turn back to the inn. Indecision gripped him. "Well, let's see. On the one hand, there's a beastie I've never even heard of afore. The chance to study and maybe even talk to it is an amazin' opportunity. On the other hand, ale." He looked back and forth from the warm inn to the minotaur. A small whine of indecision escaped him. "Ah, bugger it! I can get ale anywhere! Move over, Ruby! He might need some more medical attention. And to answer yer question, our local cap'n o' the guard is bein' a closed minded bigot!" He kneels over the body and examines him. "I cannae tell ye much but I think it'd be a good idea to get him outta the rain. Ye paladins have any ideas?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kai

avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2009-11-12
Age : 33
Location : In the foothills above Dyna Village

Character sheet
Level: 2
XP to Next Level:
2200/2250  (2200/2250)
Hit Points:
38/38  (38/38)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 8:30 pm

History Check: +2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Old Man
He Who Wanders
avatar

Posts : 145
Join date : 2010-01-20
Location : Elaria

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 8:30 pm

The member 'Kai' has done the following action : Rolls

'd20' :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arius
Dungeon Master
avatar

Posts : 313
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 33
Location : Between Worlds

Character sheet
Level: 30
XP to Next Level:
0/0  (0/0)
Hit Points:
189/189  (189/189)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 8:34 pm

DM:

Kai, check your PMs for your check results.

Also, may I just say that you guys are far more accepting than I would be in this situation, lol. You're in a village that has regularly been the target of attacks by various nasty creatures, and now some fairly terrifying-looking monster runs into the village and collapses before the inn, and rather than think it a danger, you all want to play doctor with it? Oh man, one of these days I'm going to do this exact same thing with a real monster! Laughing

AMdG
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://elaria.forumotion.com
Dahkore

avatar

Posts : 123
Join date : 2009-11-18
Location : Intimidating Mountains

Character sheet
Level: 2
XP to Next Level:
2100/2250  (2100/2250)
Hit Points:
33/33  (33/33)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 8:36 pm

"You are correct, we need to get him out of the rain. The captain may be right, even if he is close minded; it could be a danger to the villagers. I think we could probably find some place in the mountains to shelter him. It's not ideal, but will work. Velsio and Darrien," he turned to the elf and eladrin, "I want you two to stay here and keep watch on the village. If this is a creature to fear, we will want a second line of defense in case Montiker and I can't take it. I also want you to keep an eye out and make sure there aren't more of these things on their way."

He turns to Rubicon. "Rubicon, you seem to at least have an idea of what this thing is, so I would gladly take your help if you will get it."

He faces Sigil. "You...can probably stay here and keep warm in the inn."


____________________

OOC: I'm lawful good, I have a code to follow, even to a fault.

And Rubicon and Sigil get excited about shiny things....what do you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigil 'Liar' SizzleSpike

avatar

Posts : 179
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 32
Location : Winona, MN

Character sheet
Level: 2
XP to Next Level:
1900/2250  (1900/2250)
Hit Points:
32/32  (32/32)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 8:39 pm

"Like hell! I've already decided to turn me back on ale, don't make me question the decision! I'll be goin' with ya!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kai

avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2009-11-12
Age : 33
Location : In the foothills above Dyna Village

Character sheet
Level: 2
XP to Next Level:
2200/2250  (2200/2250)
Hit Points:
38/38  (38/38)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 8:48 pm

Private Check: +9
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Old Man
He Who Wanders
avatar

Posts : 145
Join date : 2010-01-20
Location : Elaria

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 8:48 pm

The member 'Kai' has done the following action : Rolls

'd20' :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arius
Dungeon Master
avatar

Posts : 313
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 33
Location : Between Worlds

Character sheet
Level: 30
XP to Next Level:
0/0  (0/0)
Hit Points:
189/189  (189/189)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 8:51 pm

DM:

Kai, please check your PMs for you results.

AMdG
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://elaria.forumotion.com
Kai

avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2009-11-12
Age : 33
Location : In the foothills above Dyna Village

Character sheet
Level: 2
XP to Next Level:
2200/2250  (2200/2250)
Hit Points:
38/38  (38/38)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 8:58 pm

"Whatever you decide to do, I would suggest that you do it fast, and take heed if you're heading into the mountains," says a low, melodious voice from behind the group. Leaning against the doorway to the inn is the cloaked figure from within, her hand resting upon the hilt of a wicked falchion. "The foothills are crawling with goblins tonight. Though I doubt they would pose much of a threat to a detachment of Bahamut's warriors." The last is directed toward Dahkore with a slight nod of respect.


Last edited by Kai on Tue May 04, 2010 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigil 'Liar' SizzleSpike

avatar

Posts : 179
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 32
Location : Winona, MN

Character sheet
Level: 2
XP to Next Level:
1900/2250  (1900/2250)
Hit Points:
32/32  (32/32)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 9:00 pm

"Bah. I can handle goblins." Rune clanks in agreement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dahkore

avatar

Posts : 123
Join date : 2009-11-18
Location : Intimidating Mountains

Character sheet
Level: 2
XP to Next Level:
2100/2250  (2100/2250)
Hit Points:
33/33  (33/33)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 9:03 pm

Dahkore nods in return, ignoring Sigil's comment. "I appreciate your warning, stranger. I hope to take flight and avoid as much of them as possible. Might I know the name of she who looks out for Bahamut's followers?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rubicon

avatar

Posts : 105
Join date : 2010-03-21

Character sheet
Level: 2
XP to Next Level:
1800/2250  (1800/2250)
Hit Points:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 9:05 pm

"I will gladly assist you in anyway I can.", Rubicon says to Dahkore. "Still, we need to figure out where to take our 'friend' here. It would be unwise to drag him with us should we go to the mountains."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dahkore

avatar

Posts : 123
Join date : 2009-11-18
Location : Intimidating Mountains

Character sheet
Level: 2
XP to Next Level:
2100/2250  (2100/2250)
Hit Points:
33/33  (33/33)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 9:07 pm

"I will admit I am unfamiliar with this area. Do any of you know of someplace better, outside of the village, where we might shelter this unknown being?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigil 'Liar' SizzleSpike

avatar

Posts : 179
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 32
Location : Winona, MN

Character sheet
Level: 2
XP to Next Level:
1900/2250  (1900/2250)
Hit Points:
32/32  (32/32)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 9:12 pm

"Didn't the four of ye see anythin' as ye was flyin' about? A cave or somethin'?" He looks down at the creature. "He's holdin' up but the conditions aren't helpin'. We need to decide fast."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rubicon

avatar

Posts : 105
Join date : 2010-03-21

Character sheet
Level: 2
XP to Next Level:
1800/2250  (1800/2250)
Hit Points:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 9:13 pm

OOC: What kind of check would I/we have to do to know if we saw anything that could be used as shelter on the way here? history? Nature? ... Acrobatics?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arius
Dungeon Master
avatar

Posts : 313
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 33
Location : Between Worlds

Character sheet
Level: 30
XP to Next Level:
0/0  (0/0)
Hit Points:
189/189  (189/189)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 10:29 pm

DM:

I'd say a retroactive Perception Check. Make a check now, tell me from which direction you entered the village (where you were coming from might help as well) and we'll see what you saw, if anything.

AMdG
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://elaria.forumotion.com
Rubicon

avatar

Posts : 105
Join date : 2010-03-21

Character sheet
Level: 2
XP to Next Level:
1800/2250  (1800/2250)
Hit Points:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 10:37 pm

I'll say... coming from Marin City, stopping by Lea Village, then coming to Dyna Village. Going west basically.

Perception +1


Last edited by Rubicon on Tue May 04, 2010 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Old Man
He Who Wanders
avatar

Posts : 145
Join date : 2010-01-20
Location : Elaria

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 10:37 pm

The member 'Rubicon' has done the following action : Rolls

'd20' :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kai

avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2009-11-12
Age : 33
Location : In the foothills above Dyna Village

Character sheet
Level: 2
XP to Next Level:
2200/2250  (2200/2250)
Hit Points:
38/38  (38/38)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 10:39 pm

Perception Check: +5

Arrived from the north-east, coming through the pass at Fort Firion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Old Man
He Who Wanders
avatar

Posts : 145
Join date : 2010-01-20
Location : Elaria

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 10:39 pm

The member 'Kai' has done the following action : Rolls

'd20' :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arius
Dungeon Master
avatar

Posts : 313
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 33
Location : Between Worlds

Character sheet
Level: 30
XP to Next Level:
0/0  (0/0)
Hit Points:
189/189  (189/189)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 10:41 pm

DM:

Rubicon, Kai, see your PMs for your check results.

AMdG
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://elaria.forumotion.com
Kai

avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2009-11-12
Age : 33
Location : In the foothills above Dyna Village

Character sheet
Level: 2
XP to Next Level:
2200/2250  (2200/2250)
Hit Points:
38/38  (38/38)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 11:04 pm

The cloaked woman pauses for a moment, then answers, "I am called Kai. Only Kai." She pauses for a moment longer, then continues. "As for where we should take this brute, I would suggest the ruins of Fort Boulder. I've heard rumors of ghosts or goblins making their home there, but nothing I can claim as truth. Still, it should serve as an adequate shelter, and it's out of the way of any village or hamlet, should this beast prove unfriendly." She gestures to the wickedly curved horns crowning the minotaur's massive head. "It lies a day's journey up the pass, but I can think of nothing closer."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigil 'Liar' SizzleSpike

avatar

Posts : 179
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 32
Location : Winona, MN

Character sheet
Level: 2
XP to Next Level:
1900/2250  (1900/2250)
Hit Points:
32/32  (32/32)

PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   Tue May 04, 2010 11:14 pm

"Aye, I agree with the gel. Somethin's tellin' me that deeper into the mountains is the way to go. I was meanin' to go to the fort anyway." Runes eye's flash brightly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)   

Back to top Go down
 
01. "A Gathering Storm" (RP)
Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Marvel Legends 2013 series 1 "Hit Monkey BAF"
» "An innocent kill"
» Exactly how does "Leave a Tip" work?
» Love Fashion? Join the "Awesome Fashion Club" today!
» Viking "Ragnarok/Viking Ideas"

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: In World (Online Campaign) :: PART 1: THE SUMMONING-
Jump to: